Sunday, May 18, 2008

This Weekend's Shopping


It's been a while since I posted a weekly shopping trip. Why? We didn't shop for about 2 weeks. Partially because we have been busy and partially because we are well stocked from previous weeks and didn't really need anything.

The total spent after rebates, Register Rewards, and coupons was $4.78! If everything had been purchased at regular price the total would have been $118.56. I shopped at Walmart, Target, Hy-Vee, Walgreens, and a local health food store.

Wondering if "couponing" is worth your time? Click here to view my other motivation posts!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get the coupons to print so many times? I could only print five of the Fast Fixin Chicken and two of the Clean & Clear face wash. Are you printing from multiple computers?

Wendy said...

Great question!

Right now we have two households living under one roof. My brother and his wife are living with us for a while until they return to Thailand. They have their own computer and willingly give me coupons to help with grocery expenses.

Also, my mom will often give me coupons that she is not using.

I have several friends who have made arrangments with close friends or family members to get a few more printable coupons when a good one comes out. Several people I know also ask these same people, as well as neighbors and co-workers, for their Sunday paper inserts.

Miriam said...

Where did you find the Fast Fixins? I have been looking for those for AGES and have been determined to find them before it expires on Wednesday!

Wendy said...

I found them at Hy-Vee...they are on sale thru today for $1.00...making them free.

Miriam said...

Aw, man! Wish I had a HyVee! Our Walmart sells them for 1, but they haven't had any since the first week the coupon came out! Bummer! Where are they located in the store?

Wendy said...

I have heard and/or seen them in the freezer section, the regrigerated fresh packaged meat section, and in an individual case near the dairy section...depending on which Hy-Vee you are at. ;-)