Sunday, July 6, 2008

This Weekend's Shopping



Here is a picture of this week's shopping. Everything in the picture came to $1.37 after coupons! I would have paid $67.44 without coupons. We shopped at Walgreens, Cub Foods, and Fareway.

This is a great time to point out a couple things:

1. We don't do all of the deals. I post everything I can and then pick and choose what deals are worth doing for our family.

2. We don't eat everything in the picture.
Summer is full of get togethers with friends and family and much of the free food we bring along to those events. We eat whole organic foods as much as possible.

3. It is worth it to shop at Walgreens! You can build up quite a bit of money on a Walgreens gift card and then use the money to buy things your family actually needs. For example, this week I bought eggs, straws for our summer smoothie making, and gum. These are all items I would have picked up at another store, but was able to get free because of Walgreens. (Click here for a great Walgreens tutorial to help get you started.)

Wondering if "couponing" is worth your time? Click here to view my other motivation posts!

2 comments:

Londa said...

I just got back from Hy-Vee and was SO excited to post my savings for the first time...until I saw how well you did this week! Seriously, you are an amazing shopper!!! I did get $47 worth of groceries for $16. I didn't think it was too bad for the first time out, but you seriously give me something to work towards!

Darla @ UltraBeautyBoutique said...

Fareway had some great deals this week. I don't see too many people chatting up about Fareway. You must be relatively close to me.

I'll be back. =)